Remember that old saying, “a picture is worth a thousand words?” There’s a reason why it hasn’t really sunk into oblivion. And you, as an exhibitor, must not forget what a picture can do, for all you know, there’s always a next time – a show where a picture or two could be the difference between success and failure, just saying!
Visual Elements And Branding Of Trade Show Booth
Words do have their impact, no doubt, but a picture sticks around for longer. So if you opt for a couple of visual elements at your next trade show, chances are that the audience would be much more receptive to what you have to say. In fact, if you were to pass on handouts or leaflets, which would anyway go into the trash can, you could never get them to pay attention. On the other hand, if there are some pictures to look at or videos to watch, they’ll be all eyes (and of course, ears).
Why Are They Important?
Believe it or not, but your audience is always on the lookout for something new, and if you don’t offer a breath of fresh air, somebody else would, and well, they won’t mind making a detour. They are done the reading. They won’t anymore. If you want them to stay past the elevator pitch, give in. And it’s not like they have an aversion to information. They don’t. They are more than open to the idea of learning more about you, your brand and the products you offer. That being said, they don’t have the time to. So either you make a move, or they will.
What Are The Benefits?
You mean apart from the fact that your booth would be a quite a crowd puller?
- Visual elements resonate well with the audience. They get your message loud and clear and find out all there’s to know about your brand.
- These elements help increase your brand recall value. What the audience gets to see stays with them for a while. So if you were to give them a follow-up call a day after, you wouldn’t have to try too hard to jog their memory.
- Pictures, videos, and graphics are known to bring out emotions, laying the foundation for trust – something that every brand vies for, don’t you?
- A trade show can get pretty competitive, and you have no choice but to stand out. You can, but only if you have a story to tell. And that’s exactly what visuals do for you. Did we tell you they are great storytellers?
- The right kind of graphics and a well-thought-of placement strategy will leave the audience asking for more. They’ll either happily give your their email IDs, hoping to get more information in their mailbox or head straight to your website. It’s a win-win!
What Kind Of Visuals Work?
While it may be tempting to put together some moving pieces and throw in random colors, there’s more to getting your visuals right than meets the eye. Make no mistake, unless you know your audience, you won’t be able to step into their shoes, failing which your visuals would simply fall flat, causing you more harm than good.
- Hit the bull’s eye – Even if there’s no supporting content, the visuals should stand out, on their own. A picture of your team, your logo, any of your bestsellers, anything that warrants a glance and doesn’t take long for the audience to connect the dots.
- Weave a story – Tie one element to another, and make sure there are no loose ends.
- Get your facts straight – Comic sans is a big no-no if you are a pharma company. Know your own business, before the audience gets to know you.
And yes, like everything else that has anything to do with marketing, visuals too should pass the litmus test for you to know that you have not been using the wrong ones all this while.