Modern Day Marine 2018 is a premier equipment, systems, services, and technology exposition. It is a 2-day event that will take place at the Quantico Station, Quantico, USA. The event will run from September 25 through September 27. So, what can you expect to see at this event? Innovative displays, trailblazing computer simulations and technology systems and equipment. These are all designed for the Security & Defense industry, for the likes of U.S. Marine Corps.
Modern Day Marine: Here’s What You Must Know About The Event
Did you know that the Modern Day Marine is co-sponsored by MCB Quantico? MCB or the Marine Corps Base is the home base of the exposition. It has some key responsibilities, including:
- establishing requirements,
- developing equipment and systems,
- and buying the equipment & systems that the Marine Corps will count on in the future.
These crucial functions go a long way in positioning Modern Day Marine or MDM.
Did you know that MCB is home to the Combat Development Command and the Marine Corps Systems Command?
Coming back to the exposition, the exhibitor profile includes:
- Ground Combat Arms,
- Fixed Wing & Helicopter Aviation Elements,
- Operational Support Units,
- Law Enforcement & Corrections,
- Food Service,
- and Computers.
So, if you are into any of the above, this is the perfect event for you.
Modern Day Marine: Here’s Some More Handy Information
MDM is not your everyday exposition. For one, it’s not open to the general public. The exposition is only open to:
- Department of Defense,
- Defense Industry affiliated personnel,
- U.S. military,
- law enforcement,
- and industry/consultant representatives.
That said, foreign military and student organizations can also attend the event. But, they need prior registration.
Here’s what else is in the offing:
- There will be a Golf Tournament on September 24, before the actual event. This tournament will take place at the Medal of Honor Golf Course, Quantico, Virginia. It will benefit the Young Marines of The Marine Corps League and the U.S. Marines Youth Foundation. Be there at 8:30 AM if you want to be a part of the tournament.
- The coveted “Enlisted Awards Parade” will take place on Wednesday, the 26th. The best part is that both military and civilian attendees can witness this event. So, which all marching units will you be seeing in action? The Marine Barracks, 8th & I, and the Marine Corps Drum and Bugle Corps.
- The last day of the event coincides with “Family Day.” Yes, you guessed it right. This is the day when your children can also attend the event. But, make sure they are under 16 years of age and are not all by themselves. A parent needs to be with them.
Modern Day Marine is an annual affair. It has been the go-to event for 30-years and sees about 500 vendors and 8,000 attendees every year. The event attracts quite a few attendees from the larger DOD community. So, if you are there, you would get the chance to rub shoulders with some of them. Exciting, right? But, it calls for putting your best foot forward. XS Worldwide can help. Ask us how!
Image source: Sgt. Bryan Nygaard