With the Farnborough International Airshow just around the corner, we thought it’s time we come up with a go-to guide for the visitors. Don’t know the Farnborough Air Show Timetable yet? Have no clue where you could stay during the show? Worry not. You’ll find the answers to all (well, most) of your questions here.
The Farnborough Airshow: A Handy Guide For The Visitors
Trade visitors can avail print-at-home Trade Passes. These are priced at £32.00 plus £6.40 VAT, and are recommended for those looking for a rather quick entry to the show. You could also purchase the passes at the gate, but, this could delay your entry.
- ADS members can purchase Advance Trade Passes at a 25% discount.
- Trade Passes cannot be transferred, and are valid for the registered visitors only.
- These passes are valid only for the trade days, i.e. from 16 to 20 July 2018. If you want to visit the Farnborough International Airshow on the Public Days, you’d have to purchase Public Day tickets separately.
Visit the Farnborough Airshow’s official website to book your tickets for Public Days.
With Farnborough being conveniently located just outside of London, it won’t take much of your time or effort to reach. Here’s how you could travel by different modes of transportation.
- The Farnborough International Airshow is located on the A325, which is accessible from M3 and A31.
- Follow the routes posted in the vicinity of Farnborough and reach the general car park. Parking is free.
- Free shuttle buses are available to and from the Airshow from all the off-site car parks.
- Keep the timings in mind. Shuttle buses to and from the car parks run from 06:00 hrs to 19:00 hrs.
- Have you purchased reserved parking? If yes, please follow the AA road signs to the car park specified on your parking label. You may also refer to the online, on-site driving guide.
- GU14 6AZ is the postcode that you need to use for SatNav directions. Go to the Queen’s Roundabout and then follow signs to the general car park.
- If you are driving all the way from London, allow yourself at least two hours of journey time.
The Farnborough International Airshow is in close proximity to four stations- Farnborough Main, Farnborough North, North Camp and Aldershot. Free shuttle buses run to and from Farnborough Main, North Camp and Aldershot stations, between 07:00 hrs and 19:00 hrs.
- Farnborough Main: served by South West Trains
- Farnborough North: served by First Great Western
- North Camp: served by First Great Western
- Aldershot: served by South West Trains
Pro-Tip: You could also travel to the Farnborough International Airshow from Gatwick Airport by rail. Take the First Great Western service to North Camp Station, and you’d be at the show venue in approximately 50 minutes.
If you’d like to travel by coach, take advantage of the low-level bus service, which is accessible from specific coach parks, and available at regular intervals all through the day, during the run of the show. You could also purchase your tickets online.
Check outside the visitor entrance at Gate B. That’s exactly where the bike racks will be located.
Thinking of flying to the UK for the Farnborough International Airshow? Both Heathrow and Gatwick airports are within 1hr 30 minutes driving distance of the show venue. However, if you plan to fly by helicopter, do refer to the Helicopters Operators Guide beforehand.
FIA 2018 Schedule
FIA 2018 Floor Plans
Not sure where you could find the exhibitors you are looking for? Check out the floor plans here to know their exact on-site locations.
You could access the disabled car park within the show park, via Gate F. This will give you direct access to the show.
Show Mobility services are also offered at the show.
- Pre-book electric scooters and manual wheelchairs
- Do keep in mind that these are limited in number. So, the sooner you book, the better it is.
Disabled toilets and change facilities are also there. To help you locate them with ease, they’ll be clearly marked on all the show plans.
- Medical or special assistance can also be arranged through Show Mobility services.
The exhibition halls are accessible with a wheelchair without any difficulty.
- Stair lifts have also been installed throughout
- You could also contact the organizing team for assistance
- Two storey Hall 1 has lifts that you could use to access the facilities on the first floor
To ensure that you have a rather streamlined experience, and that there are no hassles whatsoever, a number of facilities are on offer at the show:
- Banking Facilities: During the show week, you’d have access to banking and foreign exchange facilities, right at the show venue. Automatic cash dispensers will also be there.
- Car Parking: Both onsite and offsite car parking options are available at the show
- Connectivity: Apart from the Wifi available all over the place, you could also use any of the mobile phone charging stations, to stay connected to the outside world.
- Courtesy Car Service: A chauffeur driven car service is also available for you at the show. This service is complimentary.
- Food & Drink: With several onsite catering facilities, options galore.
- FIA 2020 Sales Suite: Already thinking of participating in FIA 2020? Discuss it with the team at the FIA 2020 Sales Suite.
- Media Centre: Situated in Hall 1, this is where you’ll find our friends from the media.
- Shuttle Bus Service: Buses will run all through the day from various on and offsite locations. These again will be complimentary.
Food and Drinks
Expect a fantastic selection of F&B options available all over the place.
- Do check out the Skyview Restaurant, especially if you are looking for a more formal setting. The restaurant is accessible to exhibitors, visitors and their guests. It is advisable to pre-book for a better experience. You could make bookings for the trade days (Tuesday-Friday) and invite your guests over to brasserie-style lunches.
- Each hall will also have an indoor cafe. Here, you could savor hot and cold food & drinks.
- Other options include an outdoor food court.
Quite a few accommodation options are available in the near. Check them out here. Many of the preferred hotels are already fully booked. So, you may want to do this ASAP. Acting swiftly could also help you take advantage of the Special Event Rates.
While we have tried to cover most of the information that you may be looking for, do refer to the show’s FAQ section for answers to the questions that might still be unresolved.
You may also choose to contact us via the comment section, and we’ll get back to you with more information at the earliest. Alternatively, you could direct your queries to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You might be coming to the Farnborough International Airshow 2018, but who’s to say, you won’t be exhibiting at the next edition or another leading defence & aerospace trade show. If so, do get in touch with us. XS Worldwide will be at FIA 2018. Drop by for a quick discussion, and we’ll take it from there.
With more than two decades of experience by our side and the kind of global exposure that not many other trade show companies can boast of, we can meet your individual requirements with ease, no matter which part of the world you choose to exhibit in.